The safe way with FUDforum [message #7 is a reply to message #6] :: Tue, 16 August 2016 21:33
The safe way with FUDforum
Fudforum as a higly sophisticated templeting system, I admit I do not understand every part of it.
But it helps to work very efficient and to offer a number of different themes with ease.
There is a short description in fudforum.org:
but wait ....
First understand how Fudforum works:
- You create a theme called "xyz"
- You give this theme a directory (template-set) to start with
And now the important thing:
- Fudforum works on "first-come first-served basis", that mean if you define something its done and will override everything coming later
What does this mean in practical terms:
- I start using a directory called "myths", which does contain
a) the content of path_info
b) just forum.css.tmpl
c) /i18n with (important) your buttons in the directories below
- There is a file called ".theme.ini", it gives a direction where FUDforum should look ... so I changed this from "default" to "btdef" (bootstrap definition)
- A second directory is called then /btdef, containing my changed .tmpl, and as well a .theme.ini file, where "based_on=default" is shown.
So the path is clearly defined.
- if there is an update it will limit your work mainly to check the files in /btdef
- you can direct several themes to /btdef, so adding a new template with just changing forum.css
The advantage: You have ONE template to change ... and all your themes will changes accordingly
Its a bit like "Zengarden", the nice old style of working with CSS
[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2016 19:54]
Report message to a moderator